Hello! I am a Ph.D. student in AI at UC Berkeley, co-advised by Joseph Gonzalez (in machine learning systems) and by Trevor Darrell (in computer vision). I'm fortunate to be part of the RISE lab (Real-Time Intelligent Secure Explainable Systems) as well as BAIR (Berkeley Artificial Intelligence Research). Before coming to Berkeley, I obtained my B.S. in computer science at Cornell University.
My research interests are in reliability of vision and language models, as well as biases in vision datasets.
- Reliable Visual Question Answering: Abstain Rather Than Answer Incorrectly
Spencer Whitehead*, Suzanne Petryk*, Vedaad Shakib, Joseph Gonzalez, Trevor Darrell, Anna Rohrbach, Marcus Rohrbach
- On Guiding Visual Attention with Language Specification
Suzanne Petryk*, Lisa Dunlap*, Keyan Nasseri, Joseph Gonzalez, Trevor Darrell, Anna Rohrbach
- Remembering for the Right Reasons: Explanations Reduce Catastrophic Forgetting
Sayna Ebrahimi, Suzanne Petryk, Akash Gokul, William Gan, Joseph E. Gonzalez, Marcus Rohrbach, Trevor Darrell
- NBDT: Neural-Backed Decision Tree
Alvin Wan, Lisa Dunlap, Daniel Ho, Jihan Yin, Scott Lee, Suzanne Petryk, Sarah Adel Bargal, Joseph E. Gonzalez
- Estimation of arterial traffic flow fundamental diagrams using data from advance loop detectors
Qijian Gan, Suzanne Petryk
Transportation Research Board 98th Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., 2019.
- Enhancement in surface mobility and quantum transport of Bi2-xSbxTe3-ySey topological insulator by controlling the crystal growth conditions
Kyu-Bum Han, Su Kong Chong, Akira Nagaoka, Suzanne Petryk, Michael A Scarpulla, Vikram V. Deshpande, and Taylor D. Sparks.
Nature Scientific Reports 8, Article number: 17290 (2018).
- Lane Blockage Detection Using Loop Detector Data
Ivy League Undergraduate Research Symposium, 2018. Oral Presentation.
- Growth of Single Crystal Topological Insulators and Dirac Semimetals
National Conference on Undergraduate Research, 2017. Poster Presentation. Sponsored as winner of poster competition in materials science summer research program at University of Utah.